Rice Paper Rolls with Two Sauces
Fresh, vibrant and bursting with flavour 🤩
These rice paper rolls make the perfect smart snack and are currently featured in our FREE sneak peak ebook!
Have you got yours yet?
Pair with the perfect dipping sauce and you’ve got yourself a low calorie, nutritious, delicious, allergen friendly snack 👌🏼
RICE PAPER ROLLS
Makes 10 rice paper rolls
• 10 rice paper rounds
• 1 cup chicken, cooked and shredded, firm tofu or 1 cup salmon, smoked
• 1 cup carrot, thinly sliced
• 1 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup purple cabbage, shredded
• 1 avocado
• 1/2 cup coriander
• 1/2 cup mint leaves
• 1 chilli, sliced
• 100g vermicelli noodles
1. Prepare vermicelli by placing in boiling water for 5 minutes until soft, drain water and set aside. 2. In a large shallow bowl add warm water filling the bowl halfway
3. Place the rice paper round one at a time in the bowl and let it soak for a few seconds until beginning to soften but not fragile. 4. Place the rice paper flat on your bench and start arranging fillings in the centre of your rice paper round. 5. When filled, fold side of round closest to you over your fillings and tuck the right and left sides into the middle before rolling forward into a firm roll. 6. Repeat the process until all the filings are used. 7. Chill the rice paper rolls until ready to serve. 8. Serve with peanut sauce and coriander vinaigrette when ready.
PEANUT HOISIN SAUCE
INGREDIENTS 1/4 cup hoisin sauce, 3 tbsp peanut butter, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 garlic clove, finely chopped, water.
METHOD Add hoisin, peanut butter, sesame oil and garlic into a small saucepan and gently simmer on stove. Stir through water until the sauce as a glossy, smooth and slightly runny texture.. Remove from heat and serve with rice paper rolls.
INGREDIENTS 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup rice vinegar, 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce, 2 tbsp sesame oil, 1 garlic clove, finely chopped, 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
METHOD Mix all ingredients in a bowl and serve with rice paper rolls