Our best advice for picky toddlers who won’t eat their veggies? Hide them! 🙊
Even for those of us who LIKE eating veggies, this is such a great way to ensure you are consuming the servings your body requires each day 🥦
Here are just a few ideas;
1. Experiment with veggie noddles
2. Sneak them in casseroles finely shredded or grated
3. Bake them into savoury or sweet loafs.
4. Try adding carrot puree or chopped mushrooms to your homemade burgers or meatloaf.
5. Bulk up your pizza night sky high with vegetables.
6. Choose chocolate cake with carrot and pumpkin. Make an avocado frosting for bonus points!
Try our Carrot and Zucchini loaf!
We guarantee this recipe will be a crowd pleaser with your little munchkins.
Enjoy savoury or top with sweet cream cheese dressing cause... yum 😍
- 2 cups of self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar
- 1 cup of grated zucchini
- 1 cup of grated carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup of light flavoured olive oil.
- 4 eggs whisked.
- 250g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 50g butter softened
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 lemon tested, juiced
- 1/4 roughly chopped walnuts, extra.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Grease and line base and sides of a 10cm x 22cm loaf pan with baking paper.
3. Combine flour, sugar, zucchini, carrot, walnut, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl. Whisk the oil and egg in a small bowl. Add to the flour mixture. Stir to combine. Pour into prepared pan and smooth the surface.
4. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Set aside to cool completely.
5. Use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese and butter in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add icing sugar and lemon juice. Beat until well combined.
6. Place the cake on a serving plate. Top with cream cheese icing. Sprinkle with lemon zest and extra walnuts.
Enjoy! GG x