Grain free Granola
Breakfast is a tough meals for those with food intolerances. That’s why we’ve put together a granola that is both delicious and nutritious and will suit those gluten, dairy and FODMAP intolerant as well as paleos, vegans and vegetarians. You name it, you can eat it! 😍
This is a grain free granola which means no oats or rice flakes, it’s just pure, oven-roasted, deliciously-caramelised nuts and seeds.
With a solid hit of fibre, protein, essential fatty acids, vitamin B’s, and a rainbow of different minerals. We know this granola will keep you supercharged all morning without causing inflammation in your gut.
3/4 cup desiccated coconut
3/4 cup flaked almonds
1/2 cup walnuts pieces
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 cup pumpkin seed
4 tbsp chia seed
4 tbsp flax seeds
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil
1. Mix together all your dry ingredients (nuts, desiccated coconut, seeds, cinnamon & salt). Melt coconut oil and maple syrup on the stove
2. Pour melted coconut oil and maple syrup into dry ingredients.
3. Mix together throughly so that all nuts and seeds get coated then spread evenly on a baking tray.
4. Place in a preheated oven (160c) for around 20 minutes, until your granola is lovely and golden.
Allow your granola to cool completely before loosening granola
5. Pour into an airtight jar to store, or if eating straight away I'd recommend it with yoghurt and fresh fruit (if FODMAP intolerant, opt for low FODMAP fruits and coconut yoghurt). Enjoy!