Fruit Loaf Recipe
Everyone loves a delicious baked good. However it can be a struggle to find healthy baking recipes that 1. are actually healthy and 2. that, well, don’t taste like cardboard.
Sooo V O I L A! After many rounds of recipe testing, a naughty but nice fruit bread that doesn’t contain basically 50% brown sugar. Enjoy!
1️⃣ 125g quality butter
2️⃣ 1/2 cup coconut sugar
3️⃣ 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
3️⃣ 2 eggs
4️⃣ 2 cups of mashed banana
5️⃣ 1/2 cup coconut flakes (+ extra for sprinkling)
6️⃣ 1 3/4 cups plain flour (substitute for almond meal for GF variation)
7️⃣ 1 tsp baking powder
8️⃣ 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
9️⃣ 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
1️⃣0️⃣ 3 tbsp rice malt syrup
1️⃣1️⃣ 1 cup of frozen raspberries
‣ Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
‣ Place butter, sugar and vanilla in an electric mixer and beat for 8-10 minutes or until pale and creamy.
‣ Gradually add eggs and beat well until combined
‣ Add banana, coconut, flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and rice malt syrup and stir to combine.
‣ Finally, stir in frozen raspberries
‣ Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased and lined loaf tin. Top with coconut flakes, banana slices and/or cinnamon.
‣ Bake for 75-80 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
‣ Cool in tin for 20 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.